MiLaS video contest on milas.language-diversity.eu is organized by language diversity. By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Terms & Conditions, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by language diversity and its agents, are final in all respects.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to language diversity, not Facebook.
§ 1 GENERAL
The Contest is open to legal residents of their respective countries where not prohibited by law, who are fourteen (14) years of age or older, who at the time of entry have Internet access and a valid e-mail account prior to the beginning of the Contest Period. Language diversity has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrants, who are 14-18 years of age, shall have the legal consent from their parents or other persons having parental authority.
Each participant grants a free, perpetual, irrevocable, non exclusive and transferable license to use, reproduce, amend, adapt and alter (including but not limited to translate and dubbing), publish, distribute, publicly execute and communicate, broadcast and view the uploaded video (wholly or partially) on the language diversity YouTube channel, Facebook Page and/or other media channels and other activities.
§ 2 APPROVAL
All the Videos uploaded will be reviewed by the language diversity staff, who will make a preliminary assessment of whether they are suitable for publication and whether they are compliant with the guidelines outlined in the brief and therefore, on whether it is opportune to make them available online. The editorial staff undertakes to examine and approve the Videos proposed within a reasonable time. Every step involved in the management of the Video (approval, rejection, request for modifications, in case the Video is deemed suitable but is lacking in form or content) shall be notified to the user by e-mail or by any means of contact supplied upon registration.
§ 3 SUBMISSION AND VOTING PERIOD
The submission period begins at 1 April, 2014 0:00 EST and ends at 30 April, 2014 23:59 EST. All entries (submissions) must be received within that submission period. Language diversity reserves the right to extend or shorten the submission period of the contest at its sole discretion. As of 19 March, 2014 Facebook users can vote for their favorite videos via Facebook-likes. The voting period ends at 02.May, 2014, 16:00 EST. The 10 videos with the most likes will make it to the final jury round. After the voting period, the jury will select the winning-video. The five best entries will be invited to the celebration of Europe Day, 9 May 2014 in Sonderborg, Denmark.
§ 4 HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the video contest through the language diversity Facebook Page. You find the application on the MiLaS tab on the language diversity Facebook Page http://milas.language-diversity.eu Entrants must fill out all required fields on the entry form and upload their video in order to participate in the contest. After submitting the required information on the entry form and uploading the video, the video will be reviewed by language diversity before it is added to the official language diversity YouTube channel and will be shown in the Gallery.
§ 5 VIDEO FORMATS AND LENGHT
The video has to be uploaded via the upload form in the MiLaS Facebook app in one of the following formats: MOV, MPEG4, AVI, WMV, MPEGPS, FLV, 3GPP, WebM. The recommended length of the submitted videos is 1-3 minutes.
§ 6 PRIZES
The winner will get a big prize. Terms and conditions may apply. The announcement and instructions for receiving the prize will be sent to the e-mail address supplied on the potential prize winner’s entry form. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her e-mail account for prize notification and for receipt of other communications related to this competition. If a potential prize winner cannot be reached by the Administrator (or language diversity) within seven (7) days, using the contact information provided at the time of entry, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize.
§ 7 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Language diversity does not assume any responsibility with respect to any technical malfunction of the hardware or software, interruption of the Internet connection, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, illegible, damaged, lost, delayed, incorrectly addressed or intercepted registration by users, or any other registration by users which for any reason was not received by language diversity, electronic communications of any other kind which were delayed or any other technical problem linked to the registration by users and to the upload of the Videos in the course of this initiative. Likewise, language diversity does not give users any guarantee of proper functioning of the Website and of the programs forming part thereof.
§ 8 EXCLUSIONS
a. Videos which language diversity, at its sole and unquestionable discretion, shall deem to be unsuitable for publication, may be excluded or removed from the contest.
By way of example, language diversity reserves the right to exclude works which contain material which is in breach of third party’s rights (breach of industrial/intellectual property rights); which could be considered discriminatory based on race, and/or religion and/or nationality; which is violent, pornographic or of a sexual nature; is defamatory; incites hatred; contains reference to alcohol, drugs or illegal substances; is contrary to law or contains reference to ill-treatment of animals.
b. Also no consideration shall be given to Videos which fall outside the theme of the contest, do not comply with the form and content required and described in detail in the brief of the call and in these Terms and Conditions. Users who use fraudulent means or means which are in breach of the normal development of the call and users who, as an example but not limited to, hinder the registration process by other users, manipulate the proper functioning of the Website or in any other way breach the Terms and Conditions, may also be excluded from taking part in the competition. Language diversity reserves the right to proceed, as deemed opportune and in line with current laws in force, to limit and curtail any action aimed at circumventing the applicable system. Any fraud or attempted fraud shall be duly reported in terms of law.
§ 9 WARRANTIES AND INDEMNIFICATION
By participating the competition, participants represent and warrant:
- That the Videos uploaded by them do not contain any material which is in breach of the rights and claims of third parties whether financial or personal.
- That they have obtained from all persons appearing and/or present on the Video all the required authorizations and approval n accordance with these Terms and Conditions that they will, upon request by language diversity provide the evidentiary documentation within 5 days;
- That the Videos do not contain any video or audio material which, in terms of current laws in force, constitutes advertising material or is in any case illegal in terms of current laws or regulations;
- That they have obtained written authorization from the parents and other persons having parental authority for Videos which show minors or disabled persons;
- That the Videos are freely and legally exploitable in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, that the participant is the author of the work and the only holder of the rights of exploitation therefore, or that he has acquired the authorization of all the persons having any such rights thereon, having properly fulfilled any requirement and/or satisfied any right even of a financial nature, pertaining to the relevant right-holders, or audio/visual release for use of images, name and voice in terms of applicable law.
- That they are fully aware that any liability, including criminal liability, with respect to each work lies with the user that has uploaded the video.
- Users agree to hold harmless and indemnify the language diversity and its third parties assignee, from claim or legal action (including reasonable legal expenses) connected to or deriving from the use of the Videos uploaded by them or the rights assigned in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- Users declare that they are fully aware that participation to the call does not give rise to any inherent right or to any form of consideration.
§ 10 PRIVACY
§ 11 ACCEPTANCE
Participants declare that they accept these Terms and Conditions in full and that they accept all the provisions of the Agreement to which reference is made herein.